Monday, December 28, 2009

Apricot Glazed Pork Loin

This recipe is all mine!....for my children, specially Natalia that loves
to eat any meat with a sweet bite to it. I remembered the first day I made
it, for a Pork Loin, all of my children loved it.

These days, it is very hard to have the family together at the table
for a sit down dinner, every one is so busy with their lives!, but you must make the effort,
it is very important for a family to have together times, and share what it's going on in their lives, or just enjoy each others company. I think that is what keeps a family close!

When my children started college and work, it was impossible to eat dinner every night together, like we used to when they were little. So, every new semester I would check with
everyone to see what night of the week they all had free. That free night was mine!,
Yes, for me to cook, have some wine, play games, watch TV, and do anything we could
think off. Some times we played karaoke, some times we watched a movie, some times
we play along with the program " Are you smarted than a fifth grader?", and we also
enjoyed watching our favorite shows, like American Idol.

I love those nights, just to see all of my grown children together, interact with one another,
share jokes, a cup of wine, music and a home cooked meal!, I miss those days, now that I have moved away. I miss them so!, but I'm so happy that the tradition is still in their lives, now they all get together at each other houses, and do the same without me.

Ingredients

1 Pork Loin
1 small onion
3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper
1 tbs oregano
3 cloves of garlic
the juice of 2 oranges
pitted prunes


Sauce
1 jar apricot preserves
3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs dried mustard

In a food processor or blender, mix orange juice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Open holes on pork loin, marinate with the mixture, over night or at least 3 hrs before cooking. Stuffed with prunes. On a preheated oven, (400 F degrees, brown pork loin on hi broiler. Then cover with aluminum foil, and cook for about 2 to 3 hrs.

In the last 1/2 hour of cooking, baste with apricot glaze. Remove from oven, let meat rest for 10mts or so, and the sliced very thin. Arrange in a platter and pour sauce over it.

Enjoy!...y buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment